Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More about Behind the Swoosh

    Today in Human Geo we talked more about the video Behind the Swoosh. We talked about how when people found out about what Nike did to their workers, how their sales went down. I think that it was a very good thing that their sales went down. I think this because it is cruel how they treated their workers. All Nike did was raise the wages to $3.70 when the law was $4 a day. The government intimidated the people to agree to that. Even $4 a day is certainly not enough to have human dignity. They can barely eat 3 meals! The way that they treat their people is certainly not ever going to make that country successful. I think that this is very unfair and it should be changed. I just don’t know how we can change that. I hope that maybe America will be able to help those poor people in Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment